Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hooked on Houses


I'm hooked on houses. Hope one day I can put this obsession of mine to good use. Hubby forwarded this blog (click logo above) and I can't stop reading it. Love the TV/MOVIE HOUSES feature and the BAD MLS PHOTOS gives a good laugh.

The way we decorate and set up our homes really reflect how we feel and, on the flip side, effects how we see the world. How different would I feel to wake up to and live in another room another place I'd seen on TV or in a magazine. It might have felt too rigid in the past when your neighbors give you a hard time for not keeping up with the care of your front lawn, but Vancouver's hodge-podge of housing styles makes me sad. It is rare to find charming streets in middle class city neighborhoods with houses coherent in style, complementing each other. In new developments across the bridge in Surrey and further out yes (they seem too new and unoriginal to me), but not so much in the metro areas. New Westminster miraculously preserves many heritage houses, I just wish more of it still exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment