Friday, March 12, 2010

Sonny's rash cream


Sonny's diaper rash got worse over the last few months and we finally found out it's a fungal rash. It took me a while to make the trip to our family doctor, whose office is in another city, and afterward I took out the prescription for the steroid containing cream from the pharmacy next door. I don't feel good putting a steroid cream on Sonny but I was too tired to try and figure out an alternative. Doddi got her hands on Sonny's cream and emptied it (I hope she didn't eat it, I'll never know) so that day when we were grocery shopping, it occurred to me that I should ask the vitamin lady for advice (why didn't I think of this before?). So here I've got the DermaMed formula A fungal cream. It seems to keep the rash from growing but it's not going away. I suspect since we'd been applying steroid cream on Sonny for more than a week before it might be a factor. At least, I'm glad I found a natural alternative now.

No comments:

Post a Comment