Friday, March 12, 2010

Fabulous Finds


Last Tuesday I showed up at YOUR Fabulous Find on Main St. to purchase Groovy Space-age brass 5 ball hanging light I saw on THE Fabulous Find website thinking that YOUR Fabulous Find is THE Fabulous Find. Phillip at YOUR Fabulous Find was kind enough to explain and it turns out he's buddies with the owners of THE Fabulous Find in Victoria. Greg of THE Fabulous Find was coming over to the mainland the next day so I gave them a call and he brought the lamp over to my place and I bought it for 20% off. YAY! Nevertheless my trip to YOUR Fabulous Find was not wasted as I got the yellow Brother typewriter (made in Japan) on the left for $55, $10 off of $65. Phillip also provided the contact info of Polson's who can tune up my typewriter to work as new. Later that week I was at Value Village getting annoyed at Doddi for repeatedly wandering off by herself, but little did I know she brought to my attention the Olympia typewriter (made in Germany) on the right. It was only $20! It doesn't work as well as the Brother typewriter (prints lightly) but I'm hoping after a tune up it'll be better. I've been wanting a vintage typewriter for a long time. I thought to get a good one I'll have to buy one from Mr. Typewriter, but I'm not ready to spend hundreds of dollars on one and I never got around to research in depth about old typewriters. So, I'm satisfied to just have a vintage looking typer that works, sort of.


We also found the guitar at Value Village which Doddi fell in love with immediately. She sat herself in one of the couches and started playing. Then I saw the hat and it goes so well with the guitar, although Doddi didn't even want to try it on I bought it anyway. It seems like a good quality hat with a nice velvet material on top and a label that says Paris inside. At the cashier, Doddi didn't want to let go of the 'tar' and she ripped the price sticker off for us to scan instead. How clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment