Friday, March 12, 2010

Sonny's First Birthday


Last Friday we went to Tenhachi on 12th Ave. to celebrate Sonny's very first birthday. Mom and I had the Mackerel fish dinner with teishoku combo, Hubby had the fried oysters with teishoku combo, and Bro had the healthy bento box. I thought they were all very good. We also shared some live uni and assorted sashimi. For dessert we had a hazelnut/chocolate ice cream cake mom picked up from Mondo Gelato on Robson St. Sonny grabbed one of the lady fingers on the side and consumed it in minutes. When we got home I took out the 3-D Impression kits I'd purchased at Crocodile Baby. I did Doddi's print first and it turned out perfectly. I screwed up on Sonny's because I was stirring the plaster too long trying to get all the lumps out. I added more water to soften it but it didn't work so I poured the pourable part of the plaster onto the modelling clay. It's been a week now and it's still not quite harden. Darn it! It would have been more helpful if the instructions gave a warning. For more than $20 each, I was a little surprised that besides the modelling clay and plaster mix it only came with a styrofoam plate and a paperclip for the hanger. I suppose the 3-D impression is all that counts really, but it would be nice if the plate was more eco friendly. It's kind of funny 'cause the first thought that crossed my mind was - I paid $20 for a styrofoam plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment