Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Highchair Story


When Doddi started solids we had her sit in the swing on the left to feed her. The swing was given to us for free and it plays music and swings but I find that since it's not padded much both Doddi and Sonny are more interested to escaped to do other things than sit by the time they're actually big enough to fill out the chair.

So it was time we get a proper highchair for Doddi to save my back from bending over to feed her. I'd kept a look out for wooden highchairs at thrift stores and I'd heard of a mom scoring one for a good price, but we never did. We got the highchair in the middle at Crocodile Baby on W 4th Ave. with a slight discount for it being the floor model although it was being discontinued anyways. It was the cheapest of the wood models and I like that it will last us through Doddi's childhood 'til forever if any one of us still want to sit in it by the time Doddi is grown up because the seat and feet rest are adjustable. It just makes better sense to me that I won't have to look for another product to serve as a booster seat for my child.

Finally, now that Sonny is turning 1 year old this Friday he's getting very mobile and difficult to feed. At first I'd figure Doddi and Sonny can share a chair by taking turns but Doddi is going through phases of possessiveness depending on her mood and it's just simply much easier if I have both children strapped into their chairs so we can all enjoy a meal at the table together. Hence today I picked up the floor model (again) of the Stokke on the right. It's sage green, which was a color I didn't consider, but I was smitten at first sight. Of course the seat and feet rest are adjustable just like Doddi's. Considering that I got this highchair unused for less then what's presently posted on Craigslist I'm pretty darn satisfied. We'd used it tonight and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment