Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Move-In Date

We're set to move in this Sunday. Crazy busy mode now. I haven't been able to post much lately especially about the reno progress. I guess that will have to be done after we've moved in and get settled with internet.

The tile guy and I yelled at each other today because I was firm on not accepting the 1/2 inch gap that is between the wall and kitchen countertop right by the sink. Afterwards I felt kind of like crying because men are fighters. I know that and had expected it and had already decided before-hand I would stand my ground. I talked to my contractor afterward and he worked out a solution. To be fair, the tile guy's not that bad. I know real jerks are just jerks but he was actually decent. Minimal swear words were used, of course not from me. The only one I recall was sh**. One thing I learned from working on this is all trades want to be able to come in, do everything at one visit and move on to the next job. They hate to make multiple trips. All trades blame each other if there's any damage. Well, it's not easy making a living. I will have to give a separate post for this incident and tile work in general.

But I wanted to share some happy findings. There a a few things during this reno project that were added in last minute that we had not thought of but somehow noticed right before it couldn't be done and went for it. These things make me feel like I'm being taken care of because I would have regretted missing the opportunity to put them in.

I hadn't thought of putting a ceiling fan in the living room at all but recently Design Sponge did a round up of ceiling fans then I saw a beautiful picture of one in the Restoration Hardware catalog and that finally tipped me into the idea. We were at Home Depot and then Rona late tonight getting some last minute things for the house and I mentioned to Hubby about having a ceiling fan in the living room. I would say the ones at Home Depot look slightly better than the ones at Rona but they all look like they come quite far down from the ceiling and our ceiling is not high. Then at Rona at the Grandview location they had some display ones turned on and feeling the breeze in this warm summer night was fantastic - I had to get one. I picked this one:


not only because I quite like the overall look but it doesn't look like it's coming too far from the ceiling. I hope it'll work out, which I'm pretty sure it should. For now, I just feel soooo happy. It's like getting wonderful service at a hotel, except it's amazingly divine because it feels like God is helping me with the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment